The Board of Trustees believes it must give careful attention to the views of faculty, students, alumni, and staff and should take advantage of the expertise, interest, and concern of these university representatives through shared information and participation in the governing process.
Therefore, representatives appointed by and from the Deans, the Faculty Senate, the Student Government, the Graduate Leadership Council, the Alumni Association, the Staff Council, and the Student Bar Association are invited to serve as resource persons distributed among the following Board committees:
- Academic Affairs
- Alumni Affairs and Development
- Campus Life
- Finance and Investment, and
These committees, in their sole discretion and for any matter deemed advisable, may meet in executive session, exclusive of resource persons.
Additionally, the chairs of the Faculty Senate and Staff Council, the executive president of the Graduate Leadership Council, and the presidents of the Student Government, Student Bar Association, and Alumni Association are invited to the general sessions of Board meetings as resource persons. The Board in its sole discretion and for any matter deemed advisable may meet in executive session exclusive of resource persons.
Those persons serving as campus representatives, beginning May 2011 through April 2012, are:
- Abby Duggan, president, Student Bar Association
- Erin Fuller, Group President, The Coulter Companies
- Emily Yu, president, Student Government
- Lauren Lane, executive director, Graduate Leadership Council
- D. Barlow Burke, Jr., Vice Chair, Faculty Senate
- Scott Jones, Chair, Staff Council
Updated May 30, 2012