The WAMU Subcommittee of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees is concerned with the oversight of the radio station WAMU 88.5.
Committee Members 2014-2015
- Gisela Huberman
- Margery Kraus
- Robyn Rafferty Mathias
- Jeffrey A. Sine
Chief of Staff and Secretary, Board of Trustees David Taylor
The WAMU Subcommittee of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees shall concern itself with issues, policies and resources related to all aspects of radio station WAMU 88.5 and its associated content platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
Guided by the University’s Statement of Common Purpose and its strategic planning, the WAMU Subcommittee is concerned with such matters as the radio station’s:
2. Strategic objectives
3. Service mission & community outreach
5. Development and fundraising
6. Marketing and branding
The WAMU Subcommittee will:
1. Review and evaluate such matters as noted above to ensure that all matters reflect the University’s mission, strategies and priorities.
2. Ensure that WAMU 88.5 has appropriate resources to support its mission critical objectives.
3. Provide advice and counsel to station leadership in the development of the radio station’s plans, goals and programs.
4. Ensure that the radio station is operated in compliance with its broadcast license and fulfills that license’s charge to operate “in the public interest, convenience and necessity”, is oriented toward serving its community, and accountable to the needs and interests of all citizens.
- Chief of Staff
- General Manager, WAMU 88.5
Updated November 2014