American University annually recognizes outstanding faculty who have made significant contributions in the areas of teaching, research and service.
Nominations are no longer being accepted for 2016 Faculty Awards.
These awards will be presented at the Faculty Recognition Dinner on April 17, 2016.
1. Students, faculty, and staff of the AU Community may nominate faculty for the University Faculty Awards. Please see the List of Faculty Awards.
2. Nominations must be submitted by Wednesday, February 10to the dean (or the University Librarian) of the nominee's academic unit.
3. Nominatorsmust provide 2 copiesof nomination materials, including aCurriculum Vitae(short form is acceptable), which may be obtained from the nominee or his/her department. Academic units will provide teaching evaluations for those categories requiring them (see below).
4. Before completing the nomination, please review the criteria for each award below. Please note thatMorton Bender Prizenominations are made only by the deans.
5. From this initial pool of nominations, the deans of Kogod, SIS, SOC, SPA, SPExS and WCL, as well as the University Librarian, will select and forward one nominee for each category (the dean of CAS may forward two nominations for each category) to the Office of the Provost by Friday, February 19.
List of Faculty Awards
Read the complete list of available faculty awards with their detailed descriptions and requirements.