This award is given to a staff member or group who generated novel and valuable ideas and used these ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, products, or services. The award recognizes creative ideas that improved the university and made AU a better place to live and work.
Demonstrated a combination of the following
- Worked to improve any area of the university’s operations (from academics to athletics, campus life to grounds and maintenance).
- Identified creative solutions, large or small in scope, that made a significant and positive difference and contributed to building a discernibly better AU.
- Suggested new ways to improve the quality of products or services.
- Took action that no one had requested that improved or enhanced products and services, avoided problems, or developed entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Identified novel approaches for completing work assignments more effectively or efficiently and worked within the “established” system to push for “a better way.”
- Identified new ideas, solutions, or directions in dealing with daily situations.
- Showed initiative by doing more than was required or expected in the job.
- Worked to develop new approaches when problem solving; sought ideas or suggestions from others as appropriate.
- Envisioned the impact of possible future changes.
- Displayed a high level of curiosity and translated it into new approaches to solutions; translated adversity into opportunities for improvement.
- Planned ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and took appropriate action.
- Tried out new ideas after considering all factors involved and potential consequences and outcomes.