Service to the AU Community Award
This award is given to a staff member or group who responded to an institutional priority, either planned or extraordinary, that transcended normal job responsibilities and who achieved outstanding results.
Demonstrated a combination of the following
- Kept objectives that are related to organizational priorities at the top of his or her individual priorities and those of the work group or team.
- Identified and contributed to solutions that address the identified priority.
- Took action to call attention to and eliminate barriers to task achievement.
- Sought out or accepted additional responsibility in the context of the task.
- Performed more than was minimally required to complete the task.
- Communicated regularly with stakeholders about progress and outcomes.
- Persisted until the priority was addressed and the commitment was successfully met.
- Volunteered for service project(s) outside of his or her own unit.