This award is given to a staff member or group who developed cooperation and collaboration while leading or participating in a group and worked toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties.
Demonstrated a combination of the following
- Solicited the input of others who are affected by plans or actions.
- Listened to all points of view.
- Found areas of agreement when working with conflicting individuals or groups.
- Built consensus.
- Identified and pushed for solutions in which all parties benefited.
- Demonstrated concern for treating people fairly and equitably.
- Gave credit to and recognized others who contributed.
- Kept all relevant individuals and groups informed and up-to-date.
- Readily got cooperation of others for whom he or she had no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Took into account the university as a whole when making or recommending decisions.