Ericom Blaze Client Installation
- Download the client and run the installer (the executable file will be saved at a location where you normally download files).
- Accept the default settings and click Next until the installation is complete.
NOTE: These settings will be saved for future sessions, so you only need to set them once. Once the client is installed and configured simply re-launch the program when you need to connect again.
- After installing the client, launch the program from either the desktop shortcut or the Start--> Programs --> Ericom Software menu.
- If the window which you are viewing looks like the one below, click on VMware View Mode.
- Make sure both Connection Server and Secure Gateway fields have vcl.american.edu entered and that the SSL, and Connect to remote desktops using Ericom Secure Gateway are checked.
- Click the Connect button.
- Log into the VCL system using your AU username and password.
- Choose the desktop pool that you wish to log into (AU-VCL-LAB is the AU-wide client).
- Uncheck the box labeled Enable Enhanced RDP Compression and Acceleration.
- If you would like to enable sharing between your local computer and the virtual desktop, or if you need to change the default desktop resolution see the steps below.
- To access other configuration options, click the Advanced button.
- To change the default resolution of the virtual desktop, use the slider at the top. When placed all the way to the right, the desktop will load full-screen. You can also change the display of the connection bar from this menu.
- To setup access to your local computer, click the Local Resources tab and check the boxes next to Clipboard and Printer. This will allow you to copy and paste files and text from one desktop to the other as well as print using your locally installed printers.
Local Drive Access:
- Click the More Devices... button to see other drives you can access. In the More Devices screen, check the box next to Drives to enable access to all of your local drives (including CD/DVD and USB devices). You can also select the My Documents space or the Desktop. Click the OK button to finish.