All prospective students must:
- Be approved by an AU partner organization
- Hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Provide valid proof of English Language Proficiency (Official TOEFL or IELTS results)
|Application Deadline||Study Term|
Fall Semester (August - December)
Spring Semester (January - May)
* Please note that all application materials must be received in the Abroad at AU office by the application deadline
- Go to the Abroad at AU online application
- Click the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page
- Select the option for "I do not have login credentials to this site" and click "Submit."
- Use your name exactly as it appears on your passport.
- Use an email address that you regularly access as an application log-in. All correspondence from our office will go to this email. *Students from Korea, we have had problems with @naver email accounts, please use a different email provider.
- You will receive a temporary log-in that you will need to use within 1 day to set your permanent password.
- The first time you log-in you will be asked to set your security questions and permanent password. Please write this information down for future reference.
- Fill in required biographical information.
- You will be taken to your application page that lists all additional Material Submissions and Questionnaires you must finish before your application is considered complete.
- In your online application all required documents have their own hyperlink detailing the requirements for the document. Once the item has been received or completed you will see it checked off in your online application.
The following documents will need to be uploaded to your Abroad at AU application:
- Completed Signature Verification Form (downloaded from online application)
- Copy of the picture and signature page(s) of your passport.
- Completed Certificate of Finances for International Student (CFIS) Form
- Financial Documents demonstrating ability to pay in excess of the amount listed on the cost guide
- Valid Proof of English Language Proficiency (Official TOEFL or IELTS results). Minimum 80 IBT and at least 18 on each subsection; or Minimum 6.5 IELTS
- Course Request Form (available in your online application)
Submit the following documents to the international program office at your home university. The international programs office will need to create one PDF of all the following documents and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inbound Study Abroad and Exchange Nomination Form (available in your online application)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor that has taught you at the college level. The letter must be on official university letterhead with his/her signature.
- Official university transcript from the university you currently attend (if the transcript is not in English, you will also need to provide a certified English translation).