The best way for you to discover what it means to live and learn at American University is to visit our campus! As we begin to welcome guests to campus again, the safety of our visitors, staff, and students remains a top priority. Please review the following guidelines and expectations.
We are happy to welcome prospective students and families to our campus for in-person campus tours through the Office of Enrollment. Prior to scheduling your on-campus tour, you must review the guidelines established to ensure the health and safety of those involved.
American University is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and aligning our actions with all recommended guidelines. For the most up-to-date information from American University, please visit our COVID-19 Resources page.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A 60-minute safely distanced walking tour of campus that will introduce you to the AU community.
- Your campus tour guide will wear a mask throughout the entirety of your visit and will practice appropriate physical distancing.
- All university students, staff, and faculty will have completed a daily self-assessment symptom check prior to their arrival on campus the day of your visit.
- Check-in will be contactless. All materials are pre-packaged and set out in advance for you.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- You must register for a visit with us at least 24-hours in advance. We are unable to accommodate walk-in visitors.
- Students may only be accompanied by two guests - a maximum of three visitors per party.
- Please bring your own mask! You and your guests will be required to wear a mask over your nose and mouth throughout the entirety of your visit. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided upon arrival.
- You must practice physical distancing of at least 6 ft. from individuals not in your party.
- You must complete a self-assessment symptom check within 24 hours of your visit. The form will be emailed prior to your visit.
- If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please reschedule your visit: fever of 100.4 or above, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell.
Campus Tour - February 9, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - February 12, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - February 16, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - February 19, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - February 23, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - February 26, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 2, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 5, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 9, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 12, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 16, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 19, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 23, 1pm-2pm EST
Campus Tour - March 26, 1pm-2pm EST
WELCOME CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION:
On the following dates above, the Admissions Welcome Center will be open from 12:00PM to 3:00PM.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
Please check-in no more than 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time at our Admissions Welcome Center located on the 2nd floor of the Katzen Arts Center (4400 Massachusetts Ave.).
If you are traveling by car, complimentary parking is provided in the Katzen Garage underneath the Katzen Arts Center. Once parked, take the elevator to the second level to check-in at the Admissions Welcome Center.
If you are traveling using public transportation, enter the Katzen Arts Center through the garage entrance. Take the elevator to the second level to check-in at the Admissions Welcome Center.
All campus visits are subject to change as we continue to monitor COVID-19 and follow the guidance of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the US Department of State, and the city of Washington, DC.
If you have questions regarding our campus visit offerings or need a special accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 885-6000.