What is holistic admissions? It's kind of like a smoothie. Watch the video to see what we mean.
Our Admissions Committee is interested in knowing about you, including your academic interests and life outside of the classroom. The application is used for this purpose. Additional information-your transcripts, test scores, essays and letters of recommendation-helps them evaluate you on your own academic merits. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Students may apply online through the Common Application or the Coalition Application. A nonrefundable $75 processing fee (or fee waiver obtainable from your high school counselor) is required of all applicants.
Freshman (First-Year) Application Deadlines
- Early Decision: November 15
- Early Decision 2: January 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
- Regular Decision: October 1
Admitted Student Profile for Fall 2019
- GPA Middle 50%: 3.52-4.06 (school reported)
- SAT Middle 50%: 1260-1420 (critical reading and mathematics)
- ACT Middle 50%: 28-32
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Your admissions application is your application for a merit scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required, except for the United Methodist Scholarship and the Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program.
- Complete both the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you wish to be considered for financial aid.