This site is designed as a resource for you to use when assisting your students. The following links provide you with tools, tips, PDFs of our major handouts, and useful links to use when assisting your students. Please feel free to share the information you find here with students, parents, and your colleagues.
Best wishes from the International Admissions team at American University in Washington, D.C.
Preparing for AU Visits to Your Schools
- International/U.S. Global Nomad Inquiry Card
- AU 2018 Counselor Letter
- Poster Announcing AU Visits
- Tips for a Good Informational Interview
- AU-Shorelight Partnership Counselor Announcement
International Undergraduate Admissions Brochures and Flyers
- International/U.S. Global Nomad 2019-2020 Freshman Brochure
- AU at a Glance
- No SAT/ACT Flyer
- International/U.S. Global Nomad 2019-2020 Transfer Brochure
AU Summer Programs for High School Students
- Discover the World of Communication - School of Communication 2019 Summer Program
- School of International Service Community of Scholars Summer Program
For Counselors of International Students inside U.S. High Schools
- Interview with International Admissions Director, NACAC Conference - Boston, September 2017
- Webinar for U.S. High School Counselors with Students on F, J, & Diplomatic Visas (July 2018)
- 2018 Letter for Counselors in the U.S.
- Presentation for U.S. High School Counselors with Students on F, J, & Diplomatic Visas
- See where our team is traveling this fall!
AU's Commitment to Transition and Success: New initiatives
- U.S. State Department affiliated worldwide advising centers for application and pre-departure information
- What is an academic advisor?
- Life in an AU Classroom
- Welcome to AU, from AU's International Student & Scholar Services
- Financial planning resources for prospective students
- Financial planning resources for admitted students
State Department webinar on long-term fiscal planning for U.S. Study, 2014
- Internships and Post-Graduation Employment
- AU advanced standing policies for AP, IB, CAPE Unit Two, OIB, and A- Level Exams