The following information pertains to events sponsored by the AU Alumni Association and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
The health and safety of the American University community and our guests is of utmost importance. We will be in close contact with our confirmed guests regarding health and safety requirements as these requirements are subject to change. This page will be continuously updated to reflect current information.
- All guests are required to show proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination and must be prepared to present their vaccination record card or a digital copy upon arrival at American University events.
- Those unvaccinated because of a medical or religious reason may attend events but must have a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the event and present a negative test result upon arrival.
- American University students, faculty, and staff were required to be vaccinated (or receive an exception) by August 1, 2021 and boosted by February 10, 2022.
- Guests must comply with all Health and Safety Directives issued by the University pursuant to the University’s Communicable Diseases Policy that may be issued and revised from time to time.
- Beginning Monday, May 23, 2022, masks will be optional at American University events.
- Masks will be available for any guests in attendance.
- Anyone who feels ill or who exhibits symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not attend American University events.
Whether on-campus or off-campus, while participating in events and meetings hosted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, participants must follow all health and safety guidelines required by American University at the time of the event. Guests at these events agree to accept any risk related to potential COVID-19 exposure and they release American University of any liability as it relates to that risk. Individual events may be cancelled dependent upon health and safety conditions at the time of the event. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.