The following information pertains to events sponsored by the AU Alumni Association and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
The health and safety of the American University community and our guests is of utmost importance. We will be in close contact with our confirmed guests regarding health and safety requirements as these requirements are subject to change. This page will be continuously updated to reflect current information.
- We strongly recommend that only fully vaccinated individuals attend American University events.
- American University students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated (or receive an exception by August 1). AU also requires vaccination for frequent contractors including catering staff.
- Guests are requested to comply with our vaccination requirement to visit campus but are not required to be vaccinated.
- Masks are required in all AU buildings for all guests, vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Masks are optional at events where food is served.
- All guests are encouraged to bring masks to campus and have them available when required.
- Anyone who feels ill or who exhibits symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not attend American University events.
- For certain events, you may be asked to complete a health attestation form.
- American University supports current contact tracing requirements including the recording of event attendees’ contact information for the purposes of contact tracing following an event of any size.
- Guests to campus must provide name, email address, and a phone number for contact tracing purposes.
Whether on-campus or off-campus, while participating in events and meetings hosted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, participants must follow all health and safety guidelines required by American University at the time of the event. Guests at these events agree to accept any risk related to potential COVID-19 exposure and they release American University of any liability as it relates to that risk. Individual events may be cancelled dependent upon health and safety conditions at the time of the event. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.