Please enter a service name and click on "Search". Searches are case insensitive.
Bill, How to Pay
American University accepts the following payment methods for student account billing: online (credit card or debit card), payments by mail, payments in person, and wire transfer payments. The billing statement is available via the student portal, under the Eagle Finance link » more
Access Eagle Finance at the Student Portal:
• Sign in to the student portal (myAU.american.edu)
• Click “Finances” under Personalized Links
• Click “Eagle Finance”
• Click on the “Student Finance Button”
At the Make a Payment Tab
• Pay the student account bill online by eCheck. No convenience fee is charged with online eCheck payments.
• Pay the student account bill online by Credit Card (Visa, Master Card or Discover Card only). A nonrefundable credit card convenience fee of 2.55% will be charged.
• Pay the enrollment deposit (seat deposit, tuition deposit and/or housing deposit) by eCheck or by Credit Card (Visa, Master Card or Discover Card only). No convenience fee is charged when making enrollment deposits.
Payments by Mail:
Payments by check may be sent to:
4400 Massachusetts Acenue NW
Washington, DC 20016
Payments In Person:
Payments by check or money order may also may be made in person at AU Central, Asbury 201.
Wire Transfer Payments:
American University accepts wire transfers for student payments. Please contact AU Central directly at (202)885-8000 or AUcentral@american.edu for additional information.
Bills are not mailed. Students can access their student account from their student portal, under the Finance tab, under the Eagle Finance link. On Eagle Finance, you can see a complete listing of all charges, payments and financial aid. You may also print a PDF copy of the bill if necessary