LIKELIHOOD FOR SUCCESS
To convince an employer that you are the person it needs, you must articulate your unique qualifications and outperform other interviewees. Be prepared to answer common questions such as:
- What do you know about our organization?
- What led you to choose your major or concentration?
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment and why?
- Why should this organization hire you?
WILLINGNESS TO PERFORM
Before investing heavily in you, an employer assesses your level of commitment to the position and organization. To convey your enthusiasm for the role and support of the organization’s mission, prepare genuine responses to these common questions:
- Why are you applying for this position?
- What are you most looking forward to in this role and why?
- What activity do you believe will be most challenging and why?
- What contributions can you make to our organization?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
An employer asks questions like the ones below to measure your compatibility with its mission, goals, workplace values, procedures, and people. In the interest of both you and the employer, answer honestly.
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- What qualities do you seek in a manager?
- In what type of work environment are you most satisfied?
- How would a colleague or professional reference describe you?
- What situations are most stressful for you and how do you cope?