AU’s fall classes will now be held primarily online. More information is available on the Initial FAQ for Online Fall Semester page.
CAS Courses, Fall 2020
CAS courses will be taught in one of the following ways:
- Online/Synchronous: Courses will be designed with a significant portion dedicated to live online meetings between faculty and students. These sessions will be recorded when possible for students unable to attend. Synchronous class time will occur during scheduled class time.
- Online/Asynchronous: Faculty will post individual- and group-activities that students will complete on their own schedule.
Students can contact their departments and faculty to get more specific insight into the ways their courses will be conducted.
Health and Safety
Based on current and anticipated conditions related to COVID-19, and the need for a variety of safety protocols, we will be following and enforcing all social distancing guidelines in all areas of campus, as detailed in AU Forward: The Plan for Fall 2020 and AU's Fall 2020 FAQ. These guidelines include:
- Masks worn at all times.
- Social distancing (keeping at least six feet of distance between parties).
- Self-monitoring for symptoms.
- Testing and tracing protocols.
- Increased airflow in our buildings.
- Increased cleaning of buildings, including deep cleaning.