Made online with our 24-hour Online Scheduler and scheduled to last 30 minutes. Appointments are recommended for:
- Registration planning/clearance
- Choice of major(s)
- Academic program planning; planning for graduation
- Study abroad, internship, or independent studies
- Taking a leave of absence/ returning after an absence
- Academic success
For the first two weeks of every semester, we hold drop-in advising appointments. After the first two weeks, each advisor holds weekly drop-in hours and they are handled on a first come/first served basis. Drop-in advising only focuses on one issue and are limited to 15 minutes. Drop-in advising is appropriate for:
- Emergency affecting academic progress
- Withdrawal from AU
- Late actions concerning registration deadlines
- Signatures on forms
- Registration stops
- Degree audit issues/ graduation clearance
- Sharing positive academic news
For Dean's Signature
Students needing the Dean's signature should contact their Academic Advisor for fastest processing.
Congratulations, Class of 2022!
You will be hearing from the First-Year Advising Team in the coming weeks about next steps. Please make sure to activate your AU email account to receive the most up-to-date information.
If you have questions, please contact FYadvising@american.edu.
Best of luck in finishing your senior year!