Technology in Arts Management (Graduate Certificate)
Offered by the Department of Performing Arts, College of Arts and Sciences, this certificate is a symbol of professional achievement widely recognized by international organizations, non-profit agencies, and corporate and government employers. The program is designed for individuals who want an advanced academic credential without necessarily enrolling in a degree program. The certificate is designed not for those seeking to enhance aesthetic skills, but those wishing to advance technology skills related to management of the arts.
Admission to the Program
Open to students with a bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution. Applicants must submit all official transcripts along with a one-page statement of purpose. International students whose native language is not English are required to submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) unless they hold a degree from a US-accredited institution prior to enrollment at American University. The minimum TOEFL score for full admissions consideration is 100 on the Internet-based test (iBT) or 600 on the paper-based test (PBT). The minimum IELTS score is 7.0.
- 12 credit hours of approved coursework with grades of C or better, with at least 6 credit hours at or above the 600-level. Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 9 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit
- PERF-503 Technology and Fundraising (3) 3
- PERF-672 Rotating Topics in Arts Management (3) 3 : Data and Decision-Making Through Arts Management Technology
- PERF-682 Technology and Marketing the Arts (3) 3
- PERF-683 Introduction to Technology in Arts Management (3) 3