- B.A. in Music (cum laude), Roanoke College, Salem, VA 1984; M.M. Vocal Performance, The Catholic University of America (1993)
- Voice faculties of American University and The Catholic University of America. Doug Bowles has directed at the New York Music Theatre Festival, Kennedy Center, Metro Stage, Totem Pole Playhouse, Dakota Theatre Co., and Volkov Theatre in Yaroslavl, Russia. He has performed many roles in local and regional opera houses, as well as roles at the Signature Theatre, Olney Theatre, Washington Savoyards, John Houseman Theatre. Doug has appeared as a Smithsonian Lecturer, at the Kennedy Center, Prince Theatre, Indigo Room, and Billy Mayerl Society in London. He has taught at USPAC, Lynn Sharp Spears Summer Theatre Experience, Summer Dinner Theatre and Music Theatre Center in Rockville, MD. Doug has performed with The Retro-Politans, and produced New Deal Rhythm, a CD featuring Alex Hassan on piano. He is the founder of SingCo Music, which produces unusual cabaret style entertainments and represents The SingCo Rhythm Orchestra. Doug has been honored with 3 Wammy nominations (Washington Area Music Awards) for best swing vocals, best big band and best new swing CD.
OPERA/MUSICAL THEATRE ROLES
- The IN Series; Opera Roanoke; The Washington Savoyards; Annapolis Opera; Opera Theatre of Northern Virginia
The OTHER Opera; Olney Theatre Center; Signature Theatre (Saving Aimee with Carolee Carmello)
- Assassins (Helen Hayes Award Winning Show)
Equity Showcases - NYC and Page to Stage Festival- The Kennedy Center.
- Grand Bahamian National Chorale
- Paul Hill Chorale
Shepherdstown Music Festival
Kennedy Center Millennium Stage
- Signature Theatre
- Prince Theatre
- They Lyceum
MUSICAL DIRECTION Nearly 100 productions including:
The Stephen Schwartz Project for Metro Stage (under advisement of Mr. Schwartz)
- They Shoot Horses, Don’t They for international program in Yaroslavl, Russia
Petite Rouge- NY Music Theatre Festival
- Yellow Rose- Kennedy Center Page to Stage Festival
A Broadway Celebration (with Linda Eder and John Lithgow - The Kennedy Center)
- International Tour of Free for All- Department of Defense
Area of Expertise
Content is not available at this time.