- Additional Positions at AU
- Economics Professor
- PhD, Economics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill AB, Economics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- My research examines the political economy of various government expenditure programs, including primary and secondary education, income redistribution, and federal disaster aid.
American Economic Association
Public Choice Society
Southern Economic Association
National Tax Association
American Education Finance Association
"The Effect of the Expansion of the Voting Franchise on the Size of Government," (with Lawrence Kenny), Journal of Political Economy , 105, 1, (February 1997): 54-82.
- “Evidence on the Impact of State Government on Primary and Secondary Education and the Equity-Efficiency Tradeoff,” (with Lawrence Kenny), Journal of Law and Economics, (April 2000): 285-308.
“The Legacy of Serrano: The Impact of Mandated Equal Spending on Private School Enrollment,” (with Lawrence Kenny), Southern Economic Journal, 68, 3 (January 2002): 566-583.
- “Political Economy of the Inequality in School Spending,” (with David N. Figlio and Lawrence W. Kenny), Journal of Urban Economics, 55, (2004): 338-349.
“Explanations for States Adopting Limits on Educational Spending,” (with Lawrence W. Kenny), Public Finance Review, 35, 5 (September 2007): 586-605
- Public Choice Society: 1986-1989, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1998-2000, 2002-2004
- Southern Economic Association: 1987, 1991, 1994, 1998, 2006, 2007
- Western Economic Association: 1988 (CPI Session Organizer), 1991
- National Tax Association: 1996, 1997
- American Political Science Association: 1990, 1991
- American Economic Association: 2003 Atlantic Economic Society: 1990
- Editorial Board, Public Choice
Area of Expertise
Content is not available at this time.