- PhD, Mathematics,Columbia University, 1989
MS, Mathematics, University of Chicago, 1983
BA, Mathematics, University of Virginia, 1982
- Jeffrey Hakim’s research primarily lies within the broad mathematical areas of representation theory and harmonic analysis. Most recently, he has focused on supercuspidal representations and symmetric spaces over p-adic fields. His papers have also involved relative trace formulas and hyperbolic geometry.
- “Distinguished tame supercuspidal representations,” with Fiona Murnaghan, Int. Math. Res. Pap. IMRP 2008, no. 2, Art. ID rpn005, 166 pp.
- “The moduli space of n+1 points in complex hyperbolic $n$-space,” with Hanna Sandler, Special volume dedicated to the memory of Hanna Miriam Sandler (1960-1999).Geom. Dedicata97 (2003), 3-15.
- “Tame supercuspidal representations of GL(n) distinguished by a unitary group,” with Fiona Murnaghan, Compositio Math.133(2002), no. 2, 199-244.
- “Two types of distinguished supercuspidal representations,” with Fiona Murnaghan, Int. Math. Res. Not. 2002, no. 35, 1857-1889.
- “Globalization of distinguished supercuspidal representations of GL(n),” with Fiona Murnaghan, Canad. Math. Bull.45(2002), no. 2, 220-230.
- “Cuspidal representations associated to (GL(n),O(n)) over finite fields and p-adic fields,” with Zhengyu Mao, J. Algebra 213(1999),no. 1, 129-143.
- “Supercuspidal representations of GL(n) distinguished by a unitary subgroup,” with Zhengyu Mao, Pacific J. Math.185(1998), no. 1, 149-162.
Area of Expertise
Content is not available at this time.