- Additional Positions at AU
- Literature Professor
- PhD, Cornell University
- Languages Spoken
- Professor Loesberg has written three books, Fictions of Consciousness: Mill, Newman and the Reading of Victorian Prose; Aestheticism and Deconstruction: Pater, Derrida, and De Man; and A Return to Aesthetics: Autonomy, Indifference, and Postmodernism. He is also the author of numerous articles on Victorian literature, the novel, literary theory, and the connections between literature and philosophy.
- "Eliot, Evolution and Aesthetics" in Companion to George Eliot, eds. Amanda Anderson and Harry Shaw.
- “Kant’s Aesthetics and Wilde Form,” Victoriographies, 1.1 (2011), 79-85.
- “Browning Believing: ‘A Death in the Desert’ and the Status of Belief” Victorian Literature and Culture, 38 (2010), 209-238.
- Entry on “Aestheticism” accepted by Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics.
- “Darwin, Natural Theology, and Slavery: A Justification of Browning’s ‘Caliban,” ELH, 75 (Winter, 2008), 871-897.
- “Kant, Hume, Darwin and Design:Why Intelligent Design Wasn’t Science Before Darwin and Still Isn’t,” The Philosophical Forum, 38 (Summer, 2007), 95-123.