- Additional Positions at AU
- Adjunct Professorial Lecturer
- B.A., M.A., (Russian); J.D. (Law); M.Div. (Theology)
- Languages Spoken
- English, Russian, German, Hebrew, Koine Greek
- Favorite Spot on Campus
- University Labyrinth
- Book Currently Reading
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- Rev. Mark Schaefer is the tenth University Chaplain in American University's history, appointed to the position in September 2016 after having served for 14 years as AU's United Methodist Chaplain. He is a graduate of Wesley Theological Seminary and is an ordained elder in the Baltimore-Washington Conference of The United Methodist Church. Mark has also been teaching as an adjunct professor in the Philosophy and Religion Department since fall 2006. He has also been a summer instructor in Biblical Greek and New Testament at neighboring Wesley Theological Seminary. Prior to his ecclesiastical career, Mark was a practicing attorney in the District of Columbia and is a graduate of the George Washington University Law School. Mark holds a B.A. and an M.A. in Russian Language and Literature from the State University of New York at Albany. A native of New York State, he was born in Buffalo and grew up in Center Brunswick, near Albany.
Area of Expertise
Content is not available at this time.