The conference will take place on the newly built AU East Campus at 3501 Nebraska Avenue (see Google Map), easily accessible by car and public transportation, with free shuttle bus service from Metro station Tenleytown-AU. Please see AU Campus Visiting for general information.
Entrance to the conference is from the campus interior, not from the street: visitors would enter Constitution Hall from the southeast (or opposite side of the building from Nebraska Avenue), adjacent to the East Campus parking lot.
Public Transport & Free AU Shuttle
From the DC Metro Red Line
- Exit at the Tenleytown-AU Station and use the elevator or East Exit (and note the walk would be 1.0 miles to Constitution Hall).
- Proceed from the exit downhill 80 feet to the bus stop at 40th St.
- Take the free AU Shuttle (Blue Route): shuttles run every 15 minutes; you will not need ID; service begins at 6:10 AM on weekdays and 8:00 on weekends.
- Exit the shuttle at Kerwin Hall, the first stop past Ward Circle.
- After exiting the shuttle, you will see Constitution Hall directly across Nebraska Avenue; cross the street at the light and enter the building from the interior of East Campus.
When driving to Constitution Hall (Google Map: AU Constitution Hall), it is best to use the following address:
3501 Nebraska Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
Constitution Hall is located off of Nebraska Avenue between Massachusetts Avenue and New Mexico Avenue. There is a surface parking lot located on East Campus with a right turn only entrance off of Nebraska Ave. Once parked, you will need to enter your license plate number into the kiosk to pay for parking. Parking is $2.00/hr or $16.00/day, but free after 5:00 PM and on weekends.
If you are driving on Nebraska Ave. from Ward Circle, there is no left turn into East Campus. It is then more convenient to use underground parking in the SIS Building. To enter this SIS parking garage, turn right from Nebraska Ave. at the intersection with New Mexico Ave. Parking meters are near the elevators. Parking fee is the same - $2.00/hr or $16.00/day. Watch for the signs, some parking slots are not allowed.