The TESOL Summer Institute at American University has evolved out of more than thirty years of English language teaching and teacher training expertise in the TESOL Program, Department of World Languages and Cultures.
The goal of the Institute is to provide an opportunity for individuals from any academic discipline to take intensive TESOL courses over the summer. Participants can take one or several TESOL courses.
All TESOL Summer Institute courses can be applied toward a Graduate Certificate in TESOL. If Institute participants are not working toward a degree but simply wish to expand their knowledge of the field, they can enroll in Institute courses as a non-degree seeking student.
If you wish to begin the Graduate Certificate during the TESOL Summer Institute, you should apply through CAS Graduate Admissions. If you would like to enroll in Institute courses as a non-degree seeking student, visit CAS Academic Advising for the registration form. If you are a current AU student, you can register for Summer Institute courses through the myAU portal. If you are a Consortium student, you should complete your consortium registration at your home university.
Session 1: May 11 - June 25
- TESL-641: Teaching Grammar
Hybrid: Tuesdays, 5:30-8:00pm & online
Session 2: June 26-28
THREE-DAY INTENSIVE SUMMER WORKSHOP
Intensive Summer Workshop 2020Using Technology to Support Academic English Language Learning
With Dr Ilka Kostka and Dr Erik Voss
- TESL-096.N01 (0 credit)- Special Tuition Rate: $500; TESL-560.N01 (1 credit)- AU Graduate Tuition Rate; TESL-560.N02HB (3 credits)- AU Graduate Tuition Rate (also qualifies for Alumni Audit)
- Instructional component (all credit options):
- Friday-Sunday, June 26-28, 9am - 5pm
- Follow-up component (3-credit option only):
- In-class meetings dates: : June 29 (Monday) and July 30 (Thursday), 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Independent and online work with Dr Vinogradova (instructor of record): June 30 (Tuesday) and July 29 (Wednesday)