CLALS events intend to enrich understanding of Latin America and Latino communities in the U.S. Many are open to the public.
The Economist Events' Cuba Summit
December 3, 2015 | Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, D.C.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Cuba Initiative, CLALS is pleased to support the following event.
To date, foreign businesses operating in Cuba have faced many restrictions, which have prevented them from responding quickly to emerging opportunities. The shift in U.S.-Cuban relations promises to give a further boost to Cuba’s integration with the global economy, opening a new frontier for international companies.
With in-depth insight and analysis and a distinctly global perspective, the Cuba Summit will explore the most pressing issues facing potential investors in Cuba. Participants will hear from Economist editors, senior leaders, and those most familiar with Cuba to learn how to navigate the short- and long-term risks and opportunities of doing business on the island.
- Michael Reid, Senior editor and columnist, Latin America, The Economist
- Kay Kuehne, Regional director, Latin America, Airbnb
- Paul Johnson, President and owner, Chicago Foods International Group
- David Pathe, President and chief executive, Sherritt International Corporation
- Omar Everleny Pérez Villanueva, Professor of economics and researcher, University of Havana
- Henry Tricks, Mexico bureau chief, The Economist
Registration is required. To save $400 on the standard rate of the summit, register here with our special code, CLALS400.
SAVE THE DATE: ALPAF 2016 "THE ROLE OF LATINOS IN THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
February 29, 2016 | Abramson Family Founders Room
CLALS and the Center for Constitutional and Presidential Studies will jointly sponsor the second Annual Latino Public Affairs Forum, to take place on Monday, February 29, 2016, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. More information and a flyer will be forthcoming.