Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from American University! This is to confirm that we received your regalia rental order for commencement on May 13 - 14.
There are three important documents attached to this email:
- Regalia Confirmation & Update: Contains information regarding parking passes, regalia distribution, tickets (SIS and CAS ceremonies only), and details to share with your guests.
- Day-Of Instructions for Participants: Contains information about assembling for your ceremony, processional (marching in Bender Arena), recognition of graduates (crossing the stage), and regalia return.
- Parking and Transportation Instructions and Parking Map for graduates and guests.
In addition, here are a few media updates:
- Webcast: We will live-stream each commencement ceremony on the commencement website.
- Social media: Use #2017AUgrad on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Your tweets and posts will be displayed on the big screens inside Bender Arena before and after your ceremony and on the web via Tagboard throughout April and May.
- Guidebook app: View commencement schedule, campus maps, and more all on our guidebook app!
- Facebook: Like our Facebook page for commencement updates.
- Remote Viewing Location: Guests without tickets to the SIS or CAS ceremony and those who prefer padded theater-style seating may view the ceremony live in the Ward Circle Building, Rooms 1 & 2.
- Videos and Photo Albums: We will post ceremony highlights a few days after the ceremony on the commencement website.
- Undergraduates who are expected to graduate with Latin Honors or University Honors (as of December 2016) should pick up their gold cords during Cap & Gown Distribution to wear during their ceremonies.
We look forward to seeing you at our 133rd commencement ceremonies!