The Research Support Group (RSG) offers support faculty and students researches in various ways, including in-class software training sessions. Faculty can coordinate with RSG consultants to design a customized group training sessions designed to introduce student users to a software package supported in the Social Science Research Lab. This in-class session demonstrates the application of the product hands-on experience for the class. Skilled RSG consultants with experience using the software lead the training sessions.
Process of Request Fulfillment
Note: Please submit the request for an in-class training session at least 2 weeks before the training date to ensure ample time to match you to the right trainer, book a lab if needed, and provide adequate time for our trainers to prepare for the training session.
- Submit the request form to the Social Science Research Lab (SSRL) by email: email@example.com
- Wait for confirmation of receipt from the SSRL.
- Once a trainer has been assigned, the trainer will contact you directly in case there are further instructions that need to be relayed to the trainer.
How to book an in-class software training session
- Submit a request at least 2 weeks in advance of the training session.
- Email a request or the request form (for Quantitative Analysis in SPSS, STATA or SAS) to the Social Science Research Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you supply us with the following information:
- Date and time of the training session.
- Software in which you wish to receive training.
- Professor Name or person in charge of class/group.
- Class code of the class.
- Number of students or attendees (**essential for booking a lab**).
- Whether you have reserved a lab or need us to submit a lab reservation request for you.
You can submit your reservation to Anderson Computing Complex via the website https://domino.american.edu/AU/Library/AndersonLab.nsf/Request?OpenForm.
Note: Anderson Computing Complex is in charge of booking all computer labs on the main campus. Some labs may not have the software you need for the training. Therefore, if you need a specific software or specific lab e.g. Hurst lab or SPA lab for the training, please indicate that under Special Instructions.
Once Anderson Computing Complex books the lab, you will receive an email confirmation from them. Please use that opportunity to verify the accuracy of your reservation.
- A list of topics you want covered in the training session. Be as specific as possible.
- Whether you want us to use our own data or whether you will provide the data for the training.