Register for Eagle Summit / Orientation
Eagle Summit, AU's new student orientation, is designed to welcome new students and their families to the university. It's the perfect place to meet other new students, learn how to get around campus, finalize your class schedule, and much more. By the time you leave Eagle Summit, you will be well on your way to success!
Family members, we've planned a thorough parent and family orientation program that runs parallel to our student orientation program. Alongside other families from around the country and world, you will hear from staff members who play key roles in shaping your student's college experience.
Students Admitted for Fall: Eagle Summit registration opens in late March/early April. Eagle Summit sessions are held in mid-June through mid-July, and we host a session in August prior to the start of classes.
Students Admitted for Spring: January Orientation registration opens in mid-December and the orientation program takes place the week before the start of spring classes.
- The folder that was mailed to you to hold all your important information
- Your results from the Foreign Language Placement Exam (if applicable)
- Something to write with and write on
- Some sort of alarm clock
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Casual and warm-weather attire, as well as a sweatshirt or light sweater for air-conditioned rooms
- Umbrella - DC weather is sometimes unpredictable
- Sheets or a towel for your overnight in the residence hall. We'll provide them for you!
- Your pets. As you may or may not already know, the residence halls are pet-free, so please leave Sparky at home.
- Your friend from high school who's going to XYZ University. Coming to AU is a new and exciting opportunity to build connections with other first-year students. Additionally, students and their guests will attended parallel, but separate programs.
You can make changes to your registration by sending an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Once we have processed the change to your registration, we will send an e-mail confirmation to your AU e-mail address along with information about payment adjustments. Any changes must be received at least 5 business days before the program for which you've been confirmed.
Yes, Washington Mentorship students can register for and attend an Eagle Summit session over summer and Welcome Week activities in August.