- Apply to graduate on Eagle Service. Students who anticipate the completion of their degree requirements must submit an application to graduate.
- Connect with your advisor if you have any questions about your graduation application.
- Check your AU email account for updates from email@example.com.
- NameCoach: Individual recognition. Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to their AU email accounts with a unique link to submit a professional picture and record their name pronounciation through our commencement partner, NameCoach. Please read the instructions in the email carefully before submitting your information. NameCoach has a firm deadline date of March 29, 2021, for all submissions. If you would like to opt-out and not be included in the individual recognition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline.
- Purchase your regalia. Many graduates have expressed interest in obtaining regalia for photos. Only eligible February and May graduates are able to order their regalia on Herff-Jones ordering site. Regalia purchase is not required to view the online commencement celebration.
Eligible bachelor’s and master’s graduates may purchase keepsake regalia (bachelor’s: $41; master’s: $72, before tax and shipping) and other items through our provider, Herff-Jones. Master’s graduates purchase a keepsake cap, hood, and gown. Bachelors graduates purchase a keepsake cap and gown. Keepsake items do not need to be returned.
Doctoral graduates may rent their regalia (tam, gown, and hood; $115 before tax and shipping) or purchase custom regalia through Herff-Jones. Rental orders will include a label to return the rented items to Herff-Jones. Doctoral graduates interested in purchasing custom regalia should contact email@example.com.
Please note that all items must be shipped directly to the graduate; we are not able to provide a campus pick-up option due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. Herff-Jones is offering an early bird shipping price of $7.95 through April 9, 2021. From April 10th to June 8th, the shipping will be $14.95 for bachelors and master’s and $19.95 for rental doctoral regalia. Allow two to three weeks for shipping and receipt of regalia.
The Washington College of Law deadline to order regalia is April 15, 2021. Graduates will receive their regalia ordering information directly from the Washington College of Law.
- View your transcript on myAU.american.edu. Undergraduates with Latin Honors (3.67 cumulative GPA and 60 of 120 credits at AU) will receive a gold cord; see Undergraduate Academic Regulations, section 5.5. Eligible graduates will receive updates via email this spring.
- Check this website for more updates on plans to celebrate our spring graduates.
Regalia is optional for the online celebration and In-Person Commencement Processions. If you are not wearing regalia, we recommend professional attire. Graduates who are Active Duty or who are joining the Armed Forces are welcome to wear formal dress uniforms. We will have a limited number of caps/tassels available for purchase at AU Campus Store located in Butler Pavilion.
If a graduate is interested to purchase a keep-sake regalia, they can purchase it via our regalia vendor, Herff-Jones.