The Business Practice Improvement team offers a paid internship opportunity to qualified AU students. The BPI Intern assists the team while gaining experience that will support the student in their post-graduation job search. The intern works with the team to manage business improvement plans and analytics activities, both within OFT departments and in cross-divisional projects that support the business functions across campus.
BPI Intern Areas of Work:
- Business Practice Improvement
- Project Management
- Assist BPI staff in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements
- Perform research relevant to current team projects
- Draft process documentation and propose alternative solutions to identified gaps and obstacles in current business processes
- Participate in team meetings and project meetings with stakeholders as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Candidates must be well organized and detail oriented
The BPI internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students at American University.