We are no longer using the lotus notes scheduler. Rather, each week we will send out an email with a location from your preferred list and a link to the survey. You will then have one week to shop at the location and complete the survey. This gives us more coverage, and you more flexibility. (i.e. late nights in the Tavern or early mornings in TDR)
All of the surveys have been reworked based on previous feedback. Please let us know if there are issues with the survey questions or the survey platform as we continue to improve them.
- Reimbursement Policy
We will now only reimburse you with both a receipt AND a survey. Please treat your receipt as cash, as it is required to receive reimbursement. Also, it is vital that when you take the survey to make sure you enter your shopper ID from the dropdown menu on the first screen. Your shopper ID will be provided to you in the confirmation email.
Guidelines for Completing the Survey
- Note the associate’s nametag
In order for us to act on the feedback we receive, both positive and negative, we need to be able to identify associates.
The maximum reimbursement amount is $15 a month or $45 a semester. As of now we are only scheduling one shop per month and three per semester.
- Remain Anonymous
To get an accurate report on the venues and employees, it is important to remain undetected.
- Be Accurate
It is important that all of the questions be answered. Your report should be candid and in detail. Please remember, the more detail you provide the more valuable the feedback is to us. Always note names of staff or provide appropriate descriptions. Comments and ratings should coincide with open ended questions.
- Additional Feedback
Anyone who wants to provide additional feedback can always send an email to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
American University (“University”) is pleased to have you as a Secret Shopper. The purpose of this Agreement is to assure that you have a clear understanding of the terms and conditions of your secret shopping activities at the University. As a Secret Shopper, you will be expected to agree to the following:
- You understand and agree to abide by the University’s policies and the Secret Shopper Guidelines and Rules set forth by the Eagle Eyes program, a copy you hereby acknowledged you received and is hereby incorporated by reference.
- I understand and accept the reimbursement policy in the Guidelines and Rules and will perform all activities necessary to receive reimbursement. Except for the reimbursement of your meal, you will not receive any wage, salary, benefits or other compensation in return for your secret shopping service and that you may terminate your secret shopping service at any time. You will not be considered under this Agreement as having employee status or be extended coverage under unemployment and Workers' Compensation insurance, or be entitled to participate in any plans, arrangements or distributions by the University pertaining to or in connection with any pension, bonus or similar benefit plans.
- The University may terminate this Agreement at any time without prior notice.
- You understand that you may not act for, represent, or bind the University in any manner.
- You warrant that you have health and medical insurance. Upon request, you agree to provide proof of such insurance.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University from any and all loss or damage to persons or property which the University, its employees, its students, or other parties may suffer on account of any accident or occurrence related to this Agreement. In consideration of the mutual agreements set forth in this Agreement, you agree to relieve, acquit, and forever discharge the University of and from any and all actions, courses of action, claims, demands, and damages on account of, or in any way growing out of any accident or occurrence transpiring during and under the terms of this Agreement, unless it is established that such accidents arose out of the negligent acts of the University, its agents or employees.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the University and the Volunteer and no terms may be modified or waived except by the mutual written consent of both the University and the Volunteer.
By digitally signing and clicking the "submit" button, you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, that you understand the terms and conditions therein, and that you agree to abide by them.
Please direct any and all inquiries regarding the secret shopper program to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-885-3990.