Frequently Asked Questions
Track your AU shuttle bus "live" by downloading the new app at www.TransLocRider.com. The Rider app gives you real-time tracking and shuttle arrival prediction so you'll never miss the bus again.
The Blue Route
- Begins at Metro
- Enters main campus via Rockwood Gate
- Stops at South campus
- Continues to Kogod making a right turn towards Ward Circle
- Continues back to Metro.
The Red Express:
- Begins at Metro, and stops at WCL and Van Ness, if requested
- Stops at Nebraska Hall and then turns right at Ward Circle to stop at Katzen
- It then continues to the Spring Valley Building
- After Spring Valley it goes back past campus, stopping across from Katzen
- It continues on to metro, with stops as requested, across from Nebraska Hall (Department of Homeland Security), at Van Ness, and WCL
The Green Route
- Begins at Kerwin Hall
- Enters main campus, by turning right into Rockwood Gate
- Stops at South campus
- Continues to Kogod making a left at Massachusetts Ave. and travels to the Spring Valley Building
- It then returns to main campus, stopping across from Katzen, and then turning right at Ward Circle to stop at Kerwin Hall
Periodic adjustments are made to the number of buses servicing individual routes, based on the information gathered during our quarterly Transportation Operations review of ridership trends. Four main aspects are included in the review:
- Registrar classroom schedules - location and start and stop times of scheduled classes
- Special events requiring additional shuttle resources
- TransLoc Ridership Reports indicating passenger count for specific stops
- Feedback from staff, faculty, and students
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Transloc app - riderapp: under Settings, select "How was your ride?", enter e-mail and comment.
AU shuttle drivers are trained to consider safety first. Shuttle stop locations have been chosen carefully to minimize the possibility for accidents. As per policy, they will not stop anywhere else.
- Express Route starts from Metro M - F at 7 a.m.
- Blue Route starts from South campus M - F at 6:10 a.m. travels to Metro, and leaves Metro at 6:25 a.m.
- Green Route starts at Kerwin Hall, M - F at 7:50 a.m.
Weekend hours start at 7:50 a.m. from Main Campus and 8:06 a.m. from metro (Blue Route). Red Express runs on Saturdays, starting at 8:45 a.m (metro) and 9 a.m. (SVB), but not Sundays. See the Shuttle Website for a complete listing of shuttle schedules.
AU's shuttle buses and other diesel-powered equipment are fueled using a B20 biodiesel blend (20 percent biofuel, 80 percent diesel). Biodiesel helps the university reduce emissions, and saves money and time spent refueling as the biodiesel tank is right on campus.