OnDemand is a new transportation service option for American University students, faculty, and staff. OnDemand is designed primarily to enhance service during periods of low ridership at non-peak hours. Starting June 2, using the Rider app or desktop web access, you will be able to request pick up from the SVB to Main Campus Monday through Friday 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Additionally, Main Campus to Metro OnDemand Service will be available from midnight until 3 a.m. With the exception of the hours listed for OnDemand Service, both the Red Express and Blue routes will operate under normal summer schedule hours.
The OnDemand Service will help boost our ability to provide transportation services to the AU community, lower operational costs, and contribute to environmental stewardship.
Note: Do not set up your account through the TransLoc Rider app. Use the following instructions:
- Go to login.transloc.com.
- Select American University under "… or sign in with your university login" (Do NOT select "Create Account.")
- Enter your credentials. You then will be redirected to the TransLoc "Create an Account" page.
- Your name and email address should be pre-populated. Create a user ID and add your mobile phone number (to receive text notifications when requesting rides).
- Choose the "Create Account" button. This will complete your account setup.
- If you haven't done so yet, download the TransLoc Rider app.
- Open the TransLoc Rider app.
- Press the OnDemand icon.
Note: The icon will be blue when the service is in operation and will be gray when OnDemand is not in operation.
- The first time you request a ride, log on using your Link Blue credentials. After that, your credentials will be stored in the app until you log out.
- Select pick-up location by moving the green pointer on the map or entering the address. Then press the green Select Pickup Location button.
- Choose drop-off location by moving the red pointer on the map or entering the address. Then press the red Select Drop Off Location button.
Note: Zoom in and try to be as accurate as possible when selecting pick-up and drop-off locations and avoid selecting locations that would not be accessible by a vehicle.
- Select your number of passengers and confirm your ride request.
- You will receive a text confirmation with an estimated pick-up time.
- Track your vehicle’s progress or cancel the ride request.
The OnDemand system will text you to confirm your trip, when you are the next pickup, and when the vehicle has arrived at your location.
Main Campus - Spring Valley Building
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. -6:30 p.m.
- Pickup and drop of at Letts Anderson, Kogod, SVB, and Hughes
Main Campus - Metro
- Fridays and Saturdays – 12 a.m. – 3:30 a.m.
- Pickup and drop of at Letts Anderson, Kogod, Nebraska Hall, WCL, and Tenley Town Metro