General Information for Mail Delivery:
Mail Services delivers U.S. Postal Service letters and parcels to all residence halls six days a week. Once a package is received at a residence hall, a hall representative will be notified of its arrival.
Packages to AU by UPS, FedEx, and other private carriers are delivered by the carrier - not Mail Services. All questions about these packages must be directed to those carriers directly. Mail Services picks up outgoing and campus mail from all residence halls Mondays through Fridays.
All letters handled by Mail Services are delivered to your room's specific mailbox. If you are here to attend a conference, letters will be delivered to a representative of the conference. For this reason, Mail Services requires that all mail sent to residents must state the residence hall and room number as well as the word Summer. Mail not addressed properly is researched by the University's Directory System. Mail with incomplete information will require research and may result in delays in delivery. Mail to an addressee not found on AU's locator will be returned for insufficient address.
Note: If you are part of a conference, the name of the conference must be included with your address.
Each residence hall has its own nine-digit Zip code. The four-digit extension should be on every piece of mail you receive. For example:
|Residence Hall||Zip Code|
This is a sample address containing all required elements for proper delivery:
Your Residence Hall #123 (Summer)
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016-81XX
For example, if "John Doe" lives in Anderson Hall Room 130, the letter should be addressed:
Anderson Hall Room 130 (Summer)
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016-8101
Change of Address:
Pursuant to postal regulations, Mail Services will not forward mail for residents who live on campus less than 90 days. Therefore, mail for summer interns or conference attendees will not be forwarded at the end of the summer. Letters and parcels will be returned to sender. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not receive mail at American University after you leave the university.
If you are an AU student who has lived in the residence halls within the past year and continue to live in the residence halls after the summer session, any address change will be reflected within the university's locator. If you move off-campus after the summer session, please update your address in the myAU portal, by logging in at https://myau.american.edu and going to Academics > Contact Information (Current Students) > ISA - Current/Local (make sure to change it back if you are returning in the fall. If you have questions about your address you can contact AU Central at 202-885-8000 or email@example.com. In either case, please ensure your mail is properly addressed. Failure to do so will result in significant delays in proper mail delivery.
What else do I need to know?
- Mail Services' method of delivery is based on address, not the specific individual who currently lives at that address. Therefore, you may receive some pieces of mail that do not belong to you or your roommate. These are misdirected pieces of mail and likely belong to a previous resident of your room. Please place these pieces of mail into the misdirected mail slot next to the mailboxes in each hall. A Mail Services representative will forward misdirected mail to the proper address.
- If you decide to change your room while living on campus, your mailbox will change. Therefore, to avoid any delays in mail delivery, it is recommended that you inform your contacts of the change in your address immediately.
- If your mailbox is broken or if you have lost your mailbox key, please contact the front desk staff at your residence hall immediately. Maintenance of the mailbox is not the responsibility of Mail Services.
- Please do not use nicknames. Use only your full legal name and middle initial for all incoming mail.
- Please use the proper return address when sending mail. This includes your full name and complete address
For further assistance with any issue pertaining to Mail Services, please call the following numbers:
- Mail Services Department: (202) 885-2575
- David Moreno, Team Leader: (202) 885-2552