Eagle fans in attendance at this year’s annual Sustainability Basketball Game Night will once again be part of American University's team for a sustainability win.
American University's men’s basketball game against Loyola, MD on Wednesday, February 13 at 7 p.m. in Bender Arena will be a night of excitement for Eagle fans and sustainability stars. The campus community will join together to learn about sustainable lifestyles as we celebrate our achievement of reaching and working to maintain carbon neutrality.
Special attractions at the game will include:
- An off-court sustainability fair prior to the game arranged by the Office of Sustainability, various on-campus student organizations, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility.
- A recognition of the Zero Waste compost team for their work collecting waste generated throughout campus for composting.
- Sustainability Educators standing by trash bins to direct fans about which waste stream their trash should go in.
- A display of trivia questions and facts about sustainability at AU on the Jumbotron.
- A sustainability-themed game on court with prizes.
The game will be co-sponsored by AU Athletics, Office of Facilities Management, and Office of Sustainability, along with the support of corporate partners Duke Energy, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company, All State Construction, Inc., Aramark Higher Education, Big Stuff Inc. & RSI, Mallick Mechanical, The Fulcrum Group, DC Sustainable Energy Utility, and MeteoViva, Inc.
"The Office of Sustainability is thrilled to continue to partner with AU Athletics, Department of Athletics, and Facilities Management for this annual sustainability game," said Megan Litke, Director of Sustainability Programs. "Every member of the AU community has a role in carbon neutrality, and it's a great opportunity to highlight leadership in sustainability across campus."
Admission to the game is free for AU undergraduate, graduate, and WCL students with valid AU ID. Discounted tickets for faculty, staff, alumni, and fans are available here. Save 20 percent off all tickets by entering the coupon code GREEN20 at checkout after selecting your seats. This special offer is not available at the box office on game day.
Learn more about sustainability, energy efficiency, and zero waste at www.american.edu/sustainability