Recyclemania, the annual eight-week collegiate recycling competition, is set to run this year from February 5 through April 1. The competition, designed to engage the entire campus community in recycling and waste diversion, will kick off on February 8 at 7:30 p.m. in Bender Arena at the annual Zero Waste Basketball Game against Boston University.
Recyclemania-related activities before, during, and after the game will include:
- A "Zero Waste Fair" located near the student section will highlight sustainability-focused student organizations on campus.
- A raffle will be held to win a cornhole set.
- The first 200 students to arrive at the game will receive coozies made of recycled material.
- Two students will be selected to play “trashketball” where they will compete to sort waste and shoot basketballs.
- As the Zero Waste Basketball Game is also the Founder’s Day Game, the Student Government President will have a basketball shoot-out with President Kerwin.
- Student Sustainability Educators will conduct a waste audit of the trash generated at the game.
Tickets to the game may be purchased at aueagles.com/tickets. After selecting seats, faculty, staff, alumni, and fans may use the code ZEROWASTE17 at checkout to receive $5 off tickets.
For more information about Recyclemania, click here.
The Zero Waste Basketball Game is a partnership between Athletics, Facilities Management, and Office of Sustainability.