Skip to main content

Risk Management

Accident Reporting

Automobile Accidents

When an automobile accident occurs in a university-owned vehicle, whether on or off campus, the accident must be reported to Public Safety at 202.885.2527. Public Safety will complete a report from the information you provide and submit it to the Risk Management office. Any incident involving injury to a person should be reported to Public Safety immediately.  

Injuries to Faculty and Staff

After any accident, supervisors should report injuries within 24 hours to Travelers Insurance Company, the University's workers' compensation insurance carrier, at 1-800-238-6225. A workers' compensation investigation form is available to assist you with the types of questions you may asked by the telephone operator. Please provide as much detail as possible.

General and Property Accidents

Whenever something happens that could result in a liability or loss to the University, please notify the Risk Management office.

Contact Information

Rashaan Evans
Assistant Director, Risk Management
Phone: 202-885-6813