The Green Office Program provides an opportunity for AU staff and faculty to contribute directly to achieving the university's sustainability goals by promoting the adoption of sustainable practices within participating offices. The action checklists provide concrete steps that offices can take to integrate sustainability into their daily work and office culture.
- Grow the AU culture of sustainability.
- Build community across offices.
- Provide tangible guidelines for sustainability focused actions.
- Offer sustainability education for the university community.
- Establish an opportunity for staff and faculty do their part to meet the university's sustainability goals.
How to Participate
Offices that elect to participate, work their way through three checklists - first bronze, then silver, and finally gold. Each checklist builds off of the accomplishments of the last, with the aim of growing a culture of sustainability within the office. To earn recognition at any level, offices must complete at least 10 checklist items and submit the signed achievement form to the Office of Sustainability by e-mailing email@example.com. Offices must re-certify annually to maintain their Green Office Program certification. Participating offices will be featured in the sustainability newsletter, in social media, and on the web and will receive a certificate to display.
How to Get Started
- Download the overview and instructions
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access Green Office resources
Congratulations to AU's Green Offices
Center for Teaching, Research, and Learning
Office of Sustainability
Office of the President
Department of Literature
Office of Sponsored Programs
Procurement and Contracts Department
School of Professional and Extended Studies