Biking is a convenient, healthy, budget-friendly, and eco-conscious way to travel around campus and to explore the region. Remember that biking in a city might be very different from what you are used to, so to stay safe while biking, learn the laws and review safety recommendations. The League of American Bicyclists reminds riders to follow the law, be predictable, be conspicuous, think ahead, and ride ahead. They also offer videos and cycling tips.
Registering Your Bike
Registering your bike helps AUPD locate it if ever lost or stolen. Registration also allows us to track how many people on campus are using bikes so we can provide enough racks and resources. It's free and easy as the following steps:
- Visit the Parking Portal
- Click "Login" and select your affiliate status
- Select "Vehicles" at the top of the page
- Select "Add Bicycle" at the bottom of the page
- Enter all required bicycle information
Once you submit your registration, stop by the Office of Parking & Commuter Services located on the Terrace Level of the Don Myers Technology & Innovation Building to receive your decal.
Bike Repair Stations
Stations include bike pumps, a bike mount, and maintenance tools. Proper bike maintenance will keep your bike running smoothly for a long time. Find stations at the following locations:
Letts/Anderson courtyard near the bike racks
Leonard Hall in the covered bike parking
School of International Service parking garage on terrace level
Spring Valley Building parking garage on level P1
Please report issues with the bike repair stations here.
Bicycle Commuter Benefits
Benefit Commuters who primarily travel by bicycle to campus can receive $20 per month for biking to work. This monthly incentive comes as a Commuter Check for Bicycling voucher valid for bicycle-related equipment, maintenance costs and services at participating bicycle shops nationwide. The vouchers can be spent each month, or accumulated for a larger purchase.
- Visit PayFlex and select "Employee Log In" at the top of the page If you haven't yet registered in the system, use your Social Security Number as your "Member ID" and your home zip code as the "Zip Code"
- Follow the instructions on screen to register a username and password and login to HealthHub with your new Username and Password. You will be taken to "My Dashboard"
- Select "Commuter Benefits" from the green menu on the left hand side
- On the Commuter Benefits page, select "Bicycle Order" from the left navigation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You can opt to receive two $10 vouchers or one $20 voucher
- Your Commuter Benefits order will be mailed to your address of record in the system as of the 13th of the month preceding the benefit month