OnDemand is a transportation service option for American University students, faculty, and staff. OnDemand is primarily designed to enhance service during periods of low ridership during non-peak hours. Starting August 24, 2020, you will be able to use the TransLoc app (iOS or Android) or desktop web acccess to request rides from SVB, Main Campus, and Tenley Town-AU Metro station.
For shuttle hours of operation, please visit the shuttle schedule page.
- Go to login.transloc.com or select your transit agency in the TransLoc application and tap the OnDemand Icon to access your agency’s OnDemand service
- Do NOT select “need an Account”. Instead choose your university under the text that states "or sign in with your university login." Enter your credentials. You will then be redirected to the TransLoc "Create an Account" page.
- Your name and email address should be pre-populated. Create a user ID and add your mobile phone number (to receive text notifications when requesting rides).
- Choose the “Create Account” button.
- This will complete your account setup.
- If you have not done so yet, download the TransLoc app (iOS or Android).
- Open the TransLoc app.
- Tap the OnDemand icon.
- The first time you request a ride, you will need to log on using your American University credentials. After that, your credentials will be stored in the app until you log out.
- Select pick-up time.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to choose desired pick-up and drop-off location within the service area.
- Confirm your ride request.
- You will receive a text confirmation with an estimated pick-up time.
- Track your vehicle’s progress or cancel the ride request.