Parents Leadership Council
Just as AU students value and embody a strong sense of community, dedication to excellence, and commitment to leadership and service, so do AU parents. Comprised of approximately 50 current and former AU parents from across the country and some international, the Council, or PLC, is an impressive group of highly engaged and supportive parents.
The purpose of the Council is to establish a formal network of parent leaders and volunteers who stay connected to AU and inspire their peers to support the university.
Benefits of joining include:
- Connecting with top administrators, faculty, and key staff
- Learning more about AU's strategic direction, services, policies, and practices
- Receiving invitations to special events
- Getting to know other engaged parents
- Recognition for philanthropic leadership and support for the university
- Opportunities to join Council committees dedicated to strategic university projects
The Council meets on campus formally twice a year, in the Fall and Spring semesters. Members are encouraged but not required to attend as often as possible. A conference line is available to call in remotely.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participating on committees and/or choosing an activity that bolsters the university, such as reaching out to new families, getting to know returning families, hosting an event, and helping us discover and cultivate parents who would like to support AU
- Committing to at least two years on the Council
- Making a minimum annual gift of $2,500 by April 30 to the AU program or activity that means the most to you.*
The Council continues to grow as AU parents learn about this exciting way to stay involved and connected. View the list of our current Council Members. Are you ready to join us?
To learn more, please contact:
Byron Davis, Director of Development, Parent Leadership and Engagement
Address: 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016
Laura Beck, Parents Leadership Council Co-chair