Established in 1981, the President's Circle and its giving levels honor five U.S. presidents who were friends of American University.
- Benjamin Harrison Associates, $50,000 and above
- William McKinley Associates, $25,000 $49,999
- Theodore Roosevelt Associates, $10,000-$24,999
- Herbert C. Hoover Associates, $5,000-$9,999
- John F. Kennedy Associates, $2,500-$4,999
*Benjamin Harrison signed the Act of Congress chartering the university in 1893.
*William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, and Herbert C. Hoover served on AU's Board of Trustees.
*John F. Kennedy delivered his famous speech, The Strategy of Peace, at the 1963 AU Commencement.
Giving levels are determined by contributions during a given fiscal year (May 1 - April 30).
Donors whose cumulative giving totals $100,000 or more are recognized as Lifetime Members of the President's Circle.