Nationwide® offers pet insurance coverage through MetLife and ensures that you can provide your pet with the care it needs.
Pet coverage helps with everything from minor problems such as ear infections and allergies, to serious conditions like cancer and health and heart diseases.
MetLife offers a choice of plans:
- for dogs and cats starting at 6 weeks of age
- For birds, ferrets, reptiles and other exotic pets. Birds must be at least 3 months old and in the owner's possession for 60 days
- Visit any licensed veterinarian worldwide
- Receive a special 5% AU discount (discounted rate only applies to the based medical and wellness plan)
- Premiums can be paid through payroll deduction
Some restrictions may apply.
Full-time faculty and staff are eligible as of the first of the month following date of hire.
Premium rates vary based on the age of the pet, species, size, plan type, deductible and state of residence.