Now is the time to input 4-5 SMART goals in AsuccessfulU for the July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019 PMP. Many of you are already engaging in conversations to identify objectives and key results. The process will run similarly to the last three cycles. A detailed overview of PMP is linked below.
- Now-End of December
- Agree upon goals, performance expectations, and tracking sources with manager. Input into AsuccessfulU.
- Review staff competencies and agree upon strategies with manager.
- Input progress notes, achievements
- Regular performance check-in conversations with manager to receive feedback, share goal progress, and recalibrate outcomes and key results if needed
- Self-review à performance conversation with manager à manager assessment
In response to your feedback, this year, your performance form will populate at this time instead of in June. This allows staff to input information throughout the performance cycle, giving you advanced opportunities prepare for the year-end review process. What does this mean for you?
- Your self-appraisal is now open through the entire performance cycle under the “Performance” tab. You can input goals and progress notes directly into the form. This means less work at the year-end rush by your ongoing updates to goals and progress notes as needed.
- Now, you can review your competencies to ensure you and your manager can work to agree on how you will incorporate these in your goal achievement and general work performance.
- Where are my ratings and comments? These will open in your performance form as we near the appraisal process in the summer.
- Can I still access the goals tab? Yes! If you choose to input your goals under the “goals” tab or copy goals from previous plans, they will still populate into your performance form.
Our team offers optional workshops on maximizing the performance management process. Please login to AsuccessfulU and navigate to the Learning tab to sign up for “Setting Performance Expectations: Goals and Competencies:
- November 2 | 10:00-11:30am | Butler Board Room, 6th Floor Butler Pavilion
- November 7 | 2:00-3:30pm | McDowell Formal Lounge | AU ID required for entry
- November 8 | 1:30-3:00pm | Mary Graydon Center 200
- November 28 | 2:30-4:00pm | Letts Formal Lounge | AU ID required for entry
Some areas have unit or location specific sessions planned or pending. As a result, the following categories of staff should not register via the sessions above and hold for instructions:
- First Year Advising Office
- Washington College of Law
- Office of Campus Life
- Spring Valley Building
- 4401 Connecticut Avenue Building (UCM, DAR, WAMU)
For ability related accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual and Group Consulting Support
- Specialized support is offered through individual or group performance related job coaching, problem solving, and workshops via HR Performance Management Consultant, Colin Gerker.
- System related support is available by e-mailing email@example.com. Let us know how we can be helpful to you!
PMP In-Unit Liaisons
- Each unit has one or more PMP liaisons called SuperUsers who provide performance related guidance. These individuals receive advanced workshops and communications on the process, and should be your area’s first point of contact for issues/concerns with the process.
- Contact your unit PMP liaison here