To order – or re-order – your SmarTrip benefit for Metro, VRE, or MARC, be sure to visit HealthHub.com. This program replaces the service that was offered previously by Public Safety.
Using SmartBenefit, you may:
- Allocate up to $245, pre-tax, for Metro, VRE, or MARC train fares, and up to $245, pre-tax, for parking at WMATA® Park and Ride locations.
- Order your SmartBenefits online at healthhub.com. For SmarTrip card users, you must make a separate election for transit expenses and for parking expenses at WMATA® Park and Ride locations.
- Designate, in advance, which months you wish to receive your SmartBenefits.
- Add or change your benefits (if you’re moving or selling your car) for the next month by going online before the 10th of the current month to make a change to your election.
- VRE and MARC passes will be sent to your home address. Metro transit funds will be automatically loaded onto your SmarTrip card when you use your card at any Metro station fare gate or on MetroBus. Parking funds will be automatically loaded onto your SmarTrip card when you use your card at any WMATA® Park and Ride location.
To receive your transportation benefits, be sure to order your SmarTrip, MARC, or VRE passes by the 10th day of the current month at HealthHub.com.
For more information call PayFlex Customer Service at 1-800-284-4885 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., EST.)
Step One: Register for a PayFlex Account
- Go to mypayflex.com.
- Select the “Login” link on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select “Register my account.”
- Enter your member number (SSN) and your home address zip code; click “Submit.”
- Create a unique username and password, set your security question, confirm your e-mail address, and click “Submit.”
- You will receive a confirmation of successful registration.
Step Two: Order Your Transit Benefits
- Go to mypayflex.com.
- Select “Parking & Transit Orders” on the left-hand navigation bar (note: on-campus parking administration is still handled by the Public Safety department)
- Select “Transit Order” on the left-hand navigation bar.
- From the two drop-down menus, select the appropriate metropolitan service area and provider.
- Register for your benefit by providing the information requested (e.g., your SmarTrip Card serial number); click “Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select whether or not you would like your order to renew automatically, and click “Purchase.”
- You will receive confirmation of your order.
For future re-orders or to make changes to your benefits, you may proceed directly to “Step Two: Order Your Transit Benefits” for future re-orders.
Note: Unless you opt for the automatic renewal of your transit benefits, you must renew your request before the 10th day of the current month in order to continue receiving the benefit in the following month.
For more information call PayFlex Customer Service at 1-800-284-4885 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., EST).