- Additional Positions at AU
- Crown Prince of Bahrain Chair in International Finance
- Affiliate Professor, Department of Economics
- Affiliate Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D. and M.A. in economics, Harvard University; B.S. in mathematics, Brown University
- Robin Lumsdaine joined the Kogod School of Business at American University as the Crown Prince of Bahrain Chair in International Finance. She was previously an Associate Director in the Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation and Head of the Quantitative Risk Management Group at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Before joining the Board, Professor Lumsdaine was a Director in the Global Markets Research division of Deutsche Bank where she served as the Global Inflation-Linked Bond Strategist. She has also held positions as Professor of Economics at Brown University, Senior Economist at the President's Council of Economic Advisers, and Assistant Professor at Princeton University.
FIN-700 International Finance
Professor Lumsdaine's publication credits include a range of economics and finance journals including Econometrica, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Economic Studies, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of International Money and Finance, Review of Economics and Statistics, the Economic Journal, and others.
- "Market Set-Up in Advance of Federal Reserve Policy Rate Decisions," The Economic Journal, 126(May), pp. 618-658, 2016[with Dick van Dijk and Michel van der Wel].
- "Retirement Timing of Women and the Role of Care Responsibilities for Grandchildren," Demography, 52, pp. 433-454, 2015[with Stephanie J.C. Vermeer].
- "How Survey Design Affects Self-Assessed Health Responses in the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)," European Economic Review, 63, pp. 299-307, 2013[with Anneke Exterkate].
- "Why Systemic Risk Considerations Affect the Market for Long-Term Care Insurance," The Economists' Voice: Vol. 8: Iss. 3, Article 3, October 2011.
Professor Lumsdaine's research has also been featured in the following articles:
Kogod Now, Fall 2011. "Aging & Health Care." View article
International Finance, Econometrics, Banking Regulation, Pensions, ALM, Fixed Income
- Quoted in Bloomberg, January 2015
- Fall 2013 Kogod Now interview,"The Five Year Mark." View interview
- March 2013 NY Times interview, Watch now
- Quoted in US News and World Report, January 2013
- Quoted in Law360, January 2013
- Quoted in Christian Science Monitor, May 2012
- Quoted in American Banker, April 2012
- "Is What’s Good for MetLife Good for Us All?," October 2011 American Banker Op-Ed
- September 2011 NPR Morning Edition radio interview on the European debt crisis, Listen now
- June 2011 Australian Broadcasting Corporation television interview on the US debt ceiling, Listen now
- January 2011 Bloomberg radio interview with Kathleen Hays on The Hays Advantage, Listen now
- Quoted in American Banker, February 2010
- June 2010 C-SPAN radio interview, Listen now