About the Program
The Kogod School of Business partners with Arcadia University to manage the Rome Business Program, providing students an opportunity to earn business credit through a unique learning experience in one of the world's most beloved cities. Through their studies, program excursions, and their own exploration, students will experience an ancient and culturally rich yet dynamic and modern metropolis. The program emphasizes cultural immersion, and includes multiple excursions within Rome and to other locations in Italy.
Classes for AU and other study abroad students enrolled in the program are held at the Arcadia Center for Italian Studies, located on the campus of Università degli Studi Roma Tre. "Roma Tre" is located in the southern part of the Eternal City, three Metro stops from the Colosseum. Additional information for students interested in this program, including housing, excursion details, and program staff can be found on the Arcadia Center for Italian Studies Business Program website.
All students attending the Rome Business Program are required to take a 4-credit Italian language course and a 3-credit core course entitled "At Home in Rome: Modern Life in the Eternal City." Kogod students can also take business core, specialization, or elective courses as well as choose from diverse and unique non-business elective courses. All classes at the Arcadia Center for Italian Studies are taught in English. Sample course options (subject to change depending on availability) include:
- Fundamentals of International Business (3 credits, equivalent to IBUS-300)
- Principles of Organizational Theory, Behavior and Management (3 credits, equivalent to MGMT-353)
- Principles of Marketing (3 credits, equivalent to MKTG-300)
- International Finance (3 credits, equivalent to FIN-463 or IBUS-463)
- Sustainability: A Simple Thing That Is Hard To Do (4 credits)
- Museum Practices in Rome: The History of Collecting and Exhibiting Works of Art (4 credits)
For a complete list of courses, please click here.
Furnished housing in a shared apartment with other students is included in the program fee. Housing is generally within a short commute to campus, and has been handpicked by the Resident Director in typical Roman neighborhoods to provide a truly Roman experience while abroad. All apartments have a fully-equipped kitchen, so that students can prepare meals at home. For more information on Rome Business Program housing, please click here.
Students are solely responsible for obtaining a passport and any visas or other immigration documents required for study in Italy, including any related fees. The Kogod Office of Global Learning Programs will support students in this endeavor with any required letters from the school. Students should visit the Italian Embassy website as well as the Embassy website for their home country to validate entry and exit requirements. Details for US citizens regarding these requirements and other pertinent information can be found on the US State Department website. The Arcadia University website also has very helpful information for obtaining your student visa.
- Tuition: The standard semester tuition, as well as the Student Technology Fee, will be billed by and paid directly to AU.
- Program Fee: In addition to tuition, there is a $7,000 program fee which includes housing, complete support services throughout the program, excursions, health and accident insurance, and supplemental emergency travel insurance through AU.
- Housing: Housing is arranged by Arcadia University and included in the Program Fee.
- Travel: Students are responsible for the reservation and payment of travel to and from Italy.
- Passport & Visa: Students are responsible for obtaining a passport, visa, or other required immigration documents, including related fees.
- Incidentals: Meals, local transportation, books, academic supplies, laundry, cell phone & Internet service, toiletries, shopping & souvenirs, etc. are the student’s responsibility.
- Financial Aid: Students planning to use financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid office to determine coverage and eligibility.
Additional cost information, including cost of living estimates, can be found within the Budget Sheets on the AU Abroad website for the Rome Business Program.
Please complete all of the following application steps and submit all required materials electronically or dropped off in KSB 106 (NOT to Arcadia or AU Abroad) no later than 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline:
- Thoroughly review the Study Abroad Academic Policies for the program.
- Complete the online application on the AU Abroad website.
- Submit all required materials, including a non-refundable $500 program fee deposit, electronically or dropped off in KSB 106 (NOT to Arcadia or AU Abroad) by 5:00 p.m. on the application deadline.
- If approved by Kogod, your application will be forwarded to Arcadia University for processing.
- You will need to complete a number of additional forms for both AU and Arcadia University.
- You will be registered for a "placeholder" course, KSB-339, and your student account will be charged the applicable tuition and program fee.
- You will need to obtain your student visa.
- You will attend a mandatory pre-departure session at AU covering key logistical, administrative, and safety & health information.
Please contact the Kogod Office of Global Learning Programs at (202) 885-1940 or email@example.com with any questions.