Joint MA/MBA Degree Requirements
The Kogod School of Business and the School of International Service (SIS) jointly offer dual graduate programs.
These programs offer students the opportunity to combine solid business skills with an expertise in international studies - a particularly valuable benefit as businesses adjust to the global market, and international organizations are asked to increase productivity through better business practices.
The joint MBA and MA degree program requires acceptance by both Kogod and SIS. The MA can be earned in one of the following areas of study:
International Peace and Conflict Resolution
Global Environmental Policy
and an MBA/MS in Development Management
Dual degree students within Kogod have full access to all resources available to MBA and MS degree students.
MBA Required Core Courses (31 credits)
To meet the Kogod requirements for the MBA portion of dual degree requires completion of 31 credit hours of the following core courses:
- ACCT-607 Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- FIN-614 Financial Management (3 credits)
- IBUS-618 Manager in the International Economy (3 credits)
- IBUS-687 Global Project Experience (3 credits)
- ITEC-610 Applied Managerial Statistics (3 credits)
- ITEC-617 Information & Technology (1.5 credits)
- ITEC-618 Applied Production & Operations Management (1.5 credits)
- KSB-609 Business at the Private-Public Intersection (3 credits)
- KSB-613 Strategic Decision-Making (3 credits)
- KSB-653 Business Leadership & Skills Workshop (two times, 0.5 credits each)
- MGMT-609 Management of Organizations & Human Capital (3 credits)
- MKTG-612 Marketing Management (3 credits)
School of International Service Coursework
In addition, students must complete a 12 credit business concentration and any requirements of the masters programs offered by SIS.