The Kogod Blockchain Hub is a collaborative education and research-based initiative focused on the impact of blockchain technology on business processes. The Hub unifies stakeholders from the public and private sectors to create knowledge and guide hands-on applications of this emerging technology.
One of the Hub’s main goals is to foster continuous engagement with all stakeholders. This is done through various events; sharing of best practices; offering related coursework and executive education programs; working with students on live projects; and providing access to faculty expertise in different disciplines.
The Kogod Blockchain Hub is a knowledge platform where government workers, industry professionals and academics can share blockchain best practices and learn from one another.
- The Blockchain Forum. This annual event engages leading blockchain experts around best practices and challenges in the field. It unites practitioners from the private sector, various government agencies, NGOs and academic institutions, in a setting that fosters learning and the exchange of ideas. The next Forum will be held on November 5, 2019. Read more about the Forum and watch our sessions from last year.
- Research. This includes generating content for the Hub through student/company projects and working with other partner universities in the US and Europe to explore opportunities for grants.
- Educational Programs. We offer courses and programs for both undergraduate and graduate students.
For Undergraduates, we offer:
- Blockchain in the Global Business Environment. This course explores blockchain as an augmenting technology and how it is dramatically changing business processes around the globe. Students work on live projects with clients in the private sector.
- Survey in Blockchain. This course is an exploration of cryptocurrencies and FinTech.
For Graduates, we offer:
- Blockchain in the Global Economy. A graduate-level course with similar content as Blockchain in the Global Business Environment.
- This course, intended for executives wanting to bridge the communication gap between blockchain technologists and business executives, is a primer in how blockchain impacts business processes.