Digital Collections Guidelines
American University Library's digitized collections are accessible for purposes of education and research. American University Library has researched the contents of these digital collections to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. In cases where copyright holders could not be reached or identified, the materials are provided here under an assertion of fair use (17 U.S.C. 107). We are eager to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that the appropriate information may be provided in the future.
Upon request, we will remove the material from public view while we address a particular complaint. Requests for removal should be in writing and directed to:
Archives and Special Collections
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016
All requests should include:
- Title of the item to be removed
- Creator of the item to be removed
- Relation of the requestor to the creator (if the requestor is the creator, indicate "self")
- URL of the item to be removed
- Brief explanation of a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner's agent, or the law
- Preferred method of contact and contact information, including an address, telephone number, and email address
- Your physical or electronic signature
An acknowledgement of a request for removal will be sent to the individual making the request. At the conclusion of the review into the request, notification of whether the material has been removed will be sent to the address or email on file.
Approved by Library Administrative Council 9/9/2013.